Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Load and Download

Well, 95% success with the new laptop. Got most of the software I want loaded and activated. My only failure seems to be my accounting program. The reboot didn’t behave properly. It may have been my fault for removing the CD before powering down. It launches the "splash" but doesn’t come up.

As it stands I have the Microsoft Office apps (Word, Excel, and Power Point), the Lotus apps (Word Pro, 123, and Freelance), and Microsoft’s Visio. MS Office was preloaded. I also installed Mind Manager Ver 7 and Paint Shop Pro 8.1.

I installed the PeoplePC dial-up program. The laptop has a wireless antenna built in, so I can use hot spots like the Round Rock library for higher speed access. Used the high speed access to download the Firefox Browser and the Adobe Reader.

Now the challenge is to migrate the needed files. I had always separated my engagements into subdirectories under a “Client” directory. That means duplication of files but an easy structure to migrate. And Jump Drives make the task easy.

No comments: