Sunday, June 22, 2008

Business Networks

Just finished reading a blog post , by Guy Kawasaki, on how to use LinkedIn more effectively.

For example, the post notes that you can personalize your profile URL. This can put your name in the URL rather than a system generated name. Makes it easier to bubble to the surface on a search engine query.

It also pointed out using customized buttons to make it easier to find your profile.

I've added the button to the links section of the blog, down near the bottom. I suspect it works inline too. Like this: View Robert Rowen's profile on LinkedIn

LinkedIn is essentially a professional social network. I've received a couple of invites, so I decided to put my profile into the works. It doesn't cost anything to join, only if you want advanced features.

No comments: