Friday, January 13, 2006

Connected World

In yet another example of our connected world, I've been adding items to the Human Side of Lean Blog. In the process, learning new things. That, of course, is what I wanted to document here.

My latest adventure has been to add images to the post. This was particularly important because I wanted to add a Mind Manager map. I thought I had to have the image on a separate server, like my web site host. Or, sign up for one of those on line photo share sites.

Nope. You can upload as part of the post. Blogger stores it.

The trick it seems is that the HTML code is placed at the top of the post. The code and "span" handles the alignment, i.e. Left-Center-Right. Then what you do is cut and past into the section you want the picture to appear in. Like so:

The connection part is not just playing with another blog. In the process I realized I have three or four web pages on the Piquero site that needed updating. Particularly the ones that have sample maps.

And, I updated my home page to point out this blog is up and active.

No comments: