Monday, January 16, 2006

Horse Of A Different Color

I have started to pull together a blog for another SME group. There isn't any content yet, so I won't post the address until later. I think I found a template that I like, but the color scheme is a bit odd, mostly rose and pink variants on the links.

Most of my HTML knowledge is a little old. So are my books (dated 1996). I probably need to get a newer reference. The colors weren't set in the "body" tag, or at least I couldn't find a "link=" or "vlink=" tag. On the other hand they had "a" , "a:visited" , and "a:hover" color definitions. That looks like the ones.

But what to set the colors to? What are the hexidecimal definitions? Nothing in my old reference book, and the web address they showed didn't seem to work anymore.

Google and the web to the rescue. Found a site by VisiBone that displays the color and the hex code for that color. Just what I needed to change the template colors.

Of course, my color sense is like my taste in food, pretty poor. At least if anyone complains I know how to change them to something else.

UPDATE: The team liked the idea so the LEAN Tool & Die Making blog is up.

No comments: