Monday, July 14, 2008

An Example Of A Process Description

A comment asked if I had any examples. I do, though some are more complex than I care to share. Some examples have company information. Instead I'll use two of the maps I used during my class. They are simple examples but make the point.

In James L. Riggs’ textbook Production Systems: Planning, Analysis, and Control (1970) there is a section on process charts. These are more the standard industrial engineering approaches, but the "process" on page 251 is simple and easy to identify with.

ApproveInvoice1

This map has been color coded to indicate who is doing the step. I’ve used a callout to indicate that a step is actually a process itself, this would link to another process map.

I uploaded the map to Flickr. Click the map to go there and see a better image, many sizes are available.

No comments: