Been absent from these pages since the Houston gig. I got diverted by a trip to the Antarctic and getting a photo journal pulled together afterwards.(Hey, when you’re retired what’s a month or two?)
Starting a new project that will cause more frequent posts to this blog. I was inspired, I suppose, by a discussion with someone I hadn’t talked to in a few years. We were discussing MindManager Ver 8. The discussion lead to podcasts and training.
I have toyed with creating a series of podcasts that talk about Workshop Planning. But, never really had the motivation.
Last May I bought an MP3 player, for noise while I walk. I’ve been downloading a lot of Skeptical podcasts after reading about “The Skeptic’s Guide To The Universe” in Wired magazine. The variety of podcasts I’ve listened to since then have convinced me that “I can do that!”
So I was primed for the conversation.
A lot of decisions and resources to locate. I already teach MM Fundamentals, so content per se and structure isn’t an issue. I’ve got to solve and implement the following (not in priority order):
- Audio Capture and Editing
- Find music for (a) Free and (b) Useable for (marginally) commercial purposes
- Podcast Hosting (other than piqueroinc.com [bandwidth])
- Examples and Student Map hosting (maybe/maybe not piqueroinc.com)
- Framework for a Series Syllabus ( segment topics/features covered)
- Create a new company for series examples (Igor’s Baloon Factory)
- Revise the Student Maps to reflect my objectives
- Build a Knowledge Management Map to keep track of components
- Script the episodes using Mind Manager (and save as Show Notes)
- Record and edit the materials
- Build a better references list of resources for follow-up information
- Treat This As A FUN Thing to do, once I commit. (like now)
This is probably the tip of the iceberg, but gives me a current “mission” for Piqueroblog. Keep a diary of how it’s going. It is still business startup for low costs.