Friday, August 28, 2009

Hosting The Podcast

I’ve decided to go with Ourmedia as a hosting source. They are associated with the Internet Archive. There in lies my lesson learned today.

I figured out how I’ll modify my web pages to accommodate the podcasts. The one loose end was the hosting site for the much larger podcasts (around 9 to 12 MB).

Went to the library to take advantage of the WiFi connection. Uploaded Podcast#1 but it didn’t seem to store. Got an email that said it was given a name, but no result. Tried a smaller MP3 but had a similar result.

What I didn’t realise is that I need a password account for Internet Archive as well as Ourmedia.

Uploaded another test file from home after I established an account. Worked and appears on Ourmedia.

Next step is to sort out the Creative Commons license.

I also want to record a second podcast before posting the links.

No comments: