Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Progress Report

I’m about 90% of the way through Episode Two. Recorded the instructional portion last night. Thought I’d review my checklist.

  • Audio Capture and Editing Went with Audacity. Getting better with practice.
  • Find music for (a) Free and (b) Useable for (marginally) commercial purposes Located a music site that has Creative Commons music. SectionZ has some useable techno music. Found some that is reminiscent of disco music. Took some 15 and 30 second bumps.
  • Podcast Hosting (other than piqueroinc.com [bandwidth]) Using Ourmedia and the Internet Archive for the audio files. I think I’ve figured out how to link to the MP3.
  • Examples and Student Map hosting (maybe/maybe not piqueroinc.com) Going to store the supplemental files under the E_Papers section of the Piqueroinc web site.
  • Framework for a Series Syllabus ( segment topics/features covered) I’ve mapped out 10 episode. Slightly different sequence than the Fundamentals class outline.
  • Create a new company for series examples (Igor’s Balloon Factory(IBF)) Not much progress other than planning on IBF as the example.
  • Revise the Student Maps to reflect my objectives Ongoing as I develop each segment.
  • Build a Knowledge Management Map to keep track of components Ongoing but started with first two episodes.
  • Script the episodes using Mind Manager (and save as Show Notes) Ongoing. I’ve scripted the first two.
  • Record and edit the materials Pod#1 complete and Pod#2 is 90% complete.
  • Build a better references list of resources for follow-up information Ongoing. Updated my master bibliography, still more work to go.
  • Treat This As A FUN Thing to do, once I commit. (like now) It is fun to solve problems.

No comments: