Saturday, October 03, 2009

Need to test things more often

Well, one lucky break and one not so lucky find. I was testing the Export to Mindjet Player function in Version 8. First time I’ve checked the podcast maps in Version 8. Oopps. The hyperlinks that had a file name like Pod#3 in the title didn’t work. Something about that "#" character.

I needed to update all the file name for student maps. What was in my favor is that I made a knowledge management map that was linked to all the files for each episode. So I knew which ones needed a name change.

Also in my favor, I haven’t really advertised the podcasts yet. I can change the Supplemental.zip files now and once people start downloading them the problem won’t be there.

I was waiting until I had 5 podcasts up so that a person could download a 30 day trial and learn something. Otherwise they would be listening to one or two podcasts and then waiting for me to post more. All the while watching the trial period run out.

Changes made. Files Replaced at the server. And, blog entries for Pod One through Four with an UPDATE Notice.

No comments: