Sunday, December 18, 2005

Adding A Counter

Adding the Site Meter (hit counter) turns out to be painless.

I added one to this blog last night. Then I reviewed the code they added to the template. It contains some specific ID information, which is no surprise.

I used the path of least resistance this time. Give the application the blogger name & id and then let them add the html.

It's now Sunday evening and I've added a site meter to 9 Edge Down. So far the traffic is nil on this blog. I suspect for a while it will just be traffic from me between the two sites. I'll give it a week or two, the robots will have found me by then, and then take a better look at the statistics.

Now it's on the Step Three, "Comments" (at other sites). I'm going to leave trackbacks for another time.

No comments: