Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Where to begin...

I’ve been a long time reader of political and mil-blogs. While I have a background in technology, I am more of a consumer than a supplier.

I’ve programmed my own web site, for my consulting business. But I avoided a lot of the flash graphics and animation. The site provides potential clients with more information about my company and services.

And, as I’ve chased various technology issues, I added white papers and sample diagrams and mind maps.

So, enough experience to be dangerous but not over confidence about programming skills. That’s not my primary business. I’ve written enough programs, on enough machines, for manufacturing floor applications. Hence, the foray into blogging with a concentration on old computing hardware.

I was scanning the Mudville Gazette one evening and found Greyhawk’s post on “Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Blogging.” That was interesting, but I didn’t have time to pursue it last September.

Over Thanksgiving I set a goal to start a blog before Christmas. I realize this isn’t particularly aggressive. On the other hand, there isn’t a lot of money riding on it and like most hobbies it all depends on what else is going on.

I now have a playpen, with two blogs. I should be able to experiment with pings, trackbacks, and all the other blogging toys without screwing up someone else’s blog.

This one: PiqueroBlog will be my diary for building 9 Edge Down. All the customization experiments will be on that one.

On with the testing!

No comments: