Saturday, March 11, 2006

Multitasking or lack there of

Well, I've been posting on blogs, just not here. I am informally supporting three technical groups in the SME organization.

One group, The Human Side of LEAN, has a weekly phone call on Tuesday nights. I've been posting my meeting minutes there. I use Mind Manager to take notes while I have the conference call on the speaker-phone. Keeps me engaged.

The second group is a task force. The blog portion is some discussion and a repository for public whitepapers. We didn't make it "visible" on Blogger. The team is using a combination of email, word documents, and some blog activity. We are considering going to a secured bulletin board.

The third group isn't very active, yet. We have a monthly call concerning LEAN Tool & Die Making. We have a conference coming up at the end of the month, so a lot of time being spent getting ready for that.

One thing I've found is engineers aren't always aware of newer technology outside their field. A lot of folks use the web but haven't every read or used blogs.

No comments: